Thursday 28 January 2016

REFLECTION

At the end of the firs week of this course I test my knoledge of the key principle of climate change and the climate system. It was not difficult to answer the questions and I was certainly got that completely right.






We can reflect on these key questions:

  • What are the key scientific principles that explain climate change including the greenhouse (blanket) effect?
  • What are the key feedback mechanisms that help to explain why our climate is able to “self-regulate”?
  • How can our climate be conceptualised as a system containing a series of components that interact with one another?


Also consider:


  • What are the most important themes you have learned this week?
  • What aspect of this week did you find difficult?
  • What did you find most interesting? And why?
  • Was there something that you learned this week that prompted you to do your own research?



In my opinion, this week was really interesting. The NASA's article was really useful to understand how the Earth is covered with a blanket which is in fact made up of greenhouse gases, of which water vapour is one of the most important. What attracted my attention was the idea of the interaction of the different feefback (positive and negative) mechanisms whereby the climate system is able to self-regulate.

Finally, I just want to say that I love to learn new things and this is a new challenge for me because english is not my mother tongue so, some of the different issues were a bit difficult for me to understand at first, but It encourages me to do my best.



Looking forward to next week
.

No comments:

Post a Comment